Plash® 2100 is a one-part, moisture-curing RTV (room temperature vulcanizing) acetoxy silicone that cures to a strong, washable, silicone rubber which maintains long-term durability, adhesion and flexibility. Excellent for a marine environment such as adhering our flexible light strips to pontoon boats or under the gunnels. Acetoxy has natural antibacterial properties and is suitable for kitchen and bath areas. NOT TO BE USED BELOW THE WATERLINE.
Non-slumping sealant. Can be applied to vertical or overhead surfaces without flowing or sagging. Because Plash® 2100 is a 100 percent silicone sealant, it has excellent resistance to weathering including ozone, ultra-violet radiation, freeze-thaw conditions and airborne chemicals. During cure, an acetic acid smell is produced. 250 PSI Tensile, 400 percent Elongation.
A simple bead on the back of the strip light, stick it, wipe away the excess, and your done! Plash® 2100 Marine Silicone provides an instant hold for IP68 flexible tape lights. A temporary fastener may be require and each end until cured as the weight of the wire may pull it off.
Excellent adhesion of our Flexible LED Light Strips to:
- sheet metal
- carbon fiber
- and more!
This is not regular silicone like the ones sold at the big box stores. Those will not bond with our lights. Even 3M® 5200 and Life Seal® will not bond to our flexible LED lights. Our strips must use this Plash 2100 silicone.
- 100% RTV Silicone with no slump
- Can be applied overhead or vertically without sag
- Cures at room temperature and is tacky in 10 minutes
- Excellent resistance to mother nature including UV, high & low temperature changes including freezing, salt water and airborne chemicals
- Cures to a strong silicone rubber made to last
- Instant adhesion to Plash Flexible Light Strips
SOLD INDIVIDUALLY (INCLUDES 1 TIP)